Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Red and Black (and Yellow)

Yesterday, I purchased a heavyduty trellis, and thought to myself, "I really could make this instead of buying it."

It was for two of the tomato plants we have by the south side of The Homestead. Kat planted them right in the bags of compost, and they've done wonderfully. One is a black tomato (a few harvested yesterday), and the other is a red of some sort.

They have grown crazy-big. They were falling forward on to the ground. They needed support. So I got a trellis, and we tied 'em up. I think we're going to have a lot of tomatoes very soon.

There is also a very sad little yellow tomato there (one fruit harvested yesterday). We freed it of its dying leaves and hope it comes back to us.

And water all around.

Yesterday for lunch, I ate a bunch of zucchini and purple beans, sauteed in olive oil and tarragon.

Today, I will finally get us to some point of completion on preparation for next Saturday's garage sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment