Saturday, August 8, 2009

Paint

I knew strange things were afoot at The Homestead when the paint chips showed up above the fireplace about three weeks ago.

I didn't ask about them. But they were there. A new set of guests with us, here on the Urban Fringe. They took up very little space, and were totally unassuming, so I didn't think much of them. But they were there, and that meant something.

And then, I came home one evening about two weeks ago, and there was a splash of paint on the wall.

And I thought, "That's way too dark." And then I said as much to Kat.

And she said, "But it's Doo-RANG-Go."

And I said, "Yeah, Durango's way too dark."

In the two weeks between, a whole crowd of paint chips have gathered in the front room.

And this morning, we decided that we like El Camino.

"We're just working our way through paint named after ugly cars," says Kat.

No need for a car out here on the Urban Fringe. Once we're done, we'll have everything we could ever need. Right here. All within our El Camino walls.

No comments:

Post a Comment